Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Paying Attention To The Forecast?

I am not exactly sure what is going to happen tonight, but something really good might happen.  It sounds like it is raining hard in Denver.  This afternoon I watched the storm pour over Black Mountain past The Basin and head down valley.  We had a strong burst of snow during the day today.  Right now, just after 7 PM, it is snowing heavily at my house at 9,000 feet.  Those big, wet flakes are coming down.  Our instrumentation at the ski area tells me it is snowing as I write.  The forecasts are calling for snow tonight and tomorrow.  A couple of forecasts are calling for modest numbers, 4-8" by tomorrow night.  At least one forecast is calling for snowfall greater than a foot.  You gotta' love a May like this.  See you in the morning.