Sunday, October 30, 2016

Single Chair Update - Fun Valley

A couple weeks ago I did a post about the original single chairlifts at The Basin expressing my interest in finding one of the chairs. I received a number of messages from people with tips on finding an original or similar chair. Thanks to everyone that sent me a message.

I did learn that one of the chairlifts went to Fun Valley, a small, now closed, ski area just outside Denver on Deer Creek Canyon Road by Homewood Park.  Coloradoskihistory.com posted a 1995 Rocky Mountain News article on the sale of Fun Valley. Then owner, Joe Dorris, sold the chairs as souvenirs. So.....I am still looking for one of those chairs. If this story sounds a little familiar or rings a bell or if it a triggers a thought about a funny looking metal chair in your friend's scrap pile, let me know. Thanks.